Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional Network Card Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratter

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
GB
I have Siemens Servers and have the internal on board NIC working.

When I come to install the second card which uses the same Intel Chipset it doesn't recognise this card.

Anyone know of a workaround?

make sure there isn't a IRQ conflict on both cards.
I would also strongly advise you not to use 2 same cards in the server if you have problems...
Use a 3com card instead... Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Did this post help ? Click below to let me know ;-)

hi ratter
i think u should look out for the latest
driver for the nic.
most cards drviers do not alow more then one card of the same chipset on a single machine!
Kapil Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

Also check the card driver, because sometime there are specific settings for several identical cards on the same computer.

I have DFE-530TX card from d-link that can be set several times on the same computer if you properly set them with the driver.

All,

Tried latest drivers. Logged a call with Siemens.

Although they are not identical card they are the same chipset. Unfortunately customer wants uniform cards over all his servers.

9 servers work 4 don't. Checked service packs, ROM Bios's but can't get the servers to see this additional card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back