Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional address books in drop down menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooterFish

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2005
US
Lotus Notes 6.5

An end user of mine has a shared address book located on his mail server that he and his assistant make entries into. He also has a local replica of that address book that gets replicated to the server version.

Question is; how do I get that local copy of the shared address book to show up as an address book to choose after clicking on New Memo then Addresses?

I thought the local replica just had to be in the data directory, but that does not look like the case.

notes3jr9.jpg

Am I allowed to bump here? I still have not been able to find an answer to this.

Try:

File > Preferences > User Preferences
Mail > General
At the top it says 'Local Address Books'. Hit 'Browse..', then find the local address book & click Open.

hth
John

I've got a stepladder. It's nice, but I wish I knew my real ladder.

Well, that will allow to me to change which NSF file is considered the local address book it won't allow me to just add another to that list. There's a shared address book that multiple people use, we'd just like to add that address book to the drop down list as a searchable AB.

Choosing another address book should add it to the list rather than replace the present one. I've got multiple address books listed in this way. Does yours definitely replace the existing address book?

John

I've got a stepladder. It's nice, but I wish I knew my real ladder.

I had a problem just like this, and it was the fact that both the original local address book and the shared address book both had the same logical names (not filesystem names). It ended up making the shared address book a replica of my local address book and caused issues. I ended up having to rename the shared address book, say to 'Shared Address Book' instead of 'Local Address Book'.

Not sure if that will help or not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back