Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Words to Page added at end to make even count

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishill

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
US
Is there a way to say to FrameMaker "if you have to add a page to the end of a document to make the count even, add these words (and format) to that page"?!?!?!?!

Does that make sense?

Kris

Not automatically, I think.

But "empty pages" at the end of a chapter do not change very often, even when the project is finishing.

In this case I would create a special "intentionally left free" master page - with all the text you want to see on this master page. So if you realize that FrameMaker has added an "even page" during update of a book, assign this master page to the last page of the document manually.

To add this "ILF"-Masterpage to every document of a book, use the "import formats"-command.

Thomas M. Reuter
Munich/Germany
-------------------
[Mac G4DP, OS 10.3]

Hey, Kris

Once you get everything sorted out using Sheila's and Arnis's suggestions on the Adobe Forums, you might tell what you did here in this forum. That way people searching Tek-Tips can find the answer that you got in Adobe Forums.

Rick Henkel
Senior Systems Developer

Rick...if I get this to work, I'll definately post how it was finally done!

To all...had a thought (which is a big feat today! lol).

Right now (due to SGML/templates/all that STUFF), I can only do this with my TOCs.

If my TOC turns out to be just one page, it will add a page to make even. BUT...sometimes I can end up with an even-paged TOC already, so it won't add a page.

So the suggestions I've had, if I'm doing them right, work perfectly on a ONE page TOC...but on an even-numbered TOC, it also added the wording to the middle of the (already filled) page.

Did I say I had a thought? Oh yeah. That's right. So now I'm thinking...is there a way that I can make an "alternative" master page that I can store somewhere, to where I can add it to any TOC EASILY? I'm trying to read the FM Help Files and let me tell you, they LACK!!!!! I'm reading and understand how to add a master page...maybe I can get that to work. But I am seriously trying to find the MOST EFFICIENT way to do this, i.e. have a template, so it can be a snap to do from now on. Does this make sense?!?!?! (my thoughts get kinda scattered and go back & forth too fast sometimes)

I really truly believe that there's an EASY way to do this and I just have to figure out how and then it's gonna be "dang, that was too easy, duh!" kinda thing!

Thanks guys!

Kris

If I follow you, the easiest way is to create that extra master page in a TOC file that you designate as a template. When you need that page in a TOC, you'd then just import page layouts from that template.

Rick Henkel
Senior Systems Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back