Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding watermark image dynamically

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkupfer

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
The requirement is to add dynamically a watermark image to a report depending upon some condition. For example, a paid invoice (a data field is available to determine whether paid) would print with the word "Paid" tiled in the background; an unpaid invoice has no watermark. Can I do this in CR 9? Thanks in advance.

I could think of a couple of ways to do this.

1. You create a new section under detail,,, defaults to detailb and copy the details from detaila to detailb so that they are the same. Insert your paid watermark in detailb. Make sure you underlay this.

Now go to section expert (right click on the left gray area) in the detaila section and check suppress. Now on the right of suppress there is a x-1 button and put in a formula.

(invoice amount field) - invoice paid field = 0

This will suppress this section if = 0

right click on detailb and do the same but this time
formula says
invoice amount - invoice amount paid > 0

This will suppress this section if there is a balance.

You can go further again by creating another section detailc and do the same but this time
invoice amount - invoice paid < 0

Put a credit balance watermark in this one.

2. My other solution requires database manipulation but this one should work perfectly

Makes sense, I appreciate it. My real mission is to apply a larger watermark to the entire page, but it looks like I could use same process with a page header (underlaying the whole page) containing the watermark. Any way to tile a smaller graphic to fill an entire section? Thanks.

You can make the header, group or detail fit the whole page since only one of the criterias will show.

I can't think of a easy way to tile right off the bat. Maybe some wiz in here has a solution to this but, here's my 2 cents.

Quick and easy, take the small graphic and create a tiled graphic using photo shop or some graphic tool and use that as the graphic instead of the the single small graphic.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back