Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Variables In CFOUTPUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrygot

Programmer
May 15, 2001
US
Can variables be added in CFOUTPUT Like: <CFOUTPUT> #variable1#+#variable2# </CFOUTPUT> and the result would be a display of the total of the two variables. Or, does this have to be done only in a CFSET? If it can be done, what is the correct syntax? Thanks.

I'm not sure how new this is... but you can say #variable + variable#..

Though I like #(variable + variable)#... same thing, but the parentheses add some readability for me.

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

new to mx.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

I figured as much, but it is nice... often, evaluate was the only function you could use to add and its a function you should avoid using... So #()# is nice.

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back