Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Valcom paging horn to Modular ICS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Guys / gals: I setup a phone at KSU, did feature 62 , ran my inductive amplifier down to Black/ slate pair, heard my test page. So I hooked up a Valcom 1030 - C Five
watt horn with a VP- 324 power supply. I wired the horn like the schematic said:

Horn green wire tip side to black/slate off of KSU
Horn red wire ring side to slate / black off of KSU
Horn black wire to Ground from power supply
Horn white wire to - 24 v from power supply.
The Paging horn does not work, yet my inductive amp still works, and my butt set appeared to work also.
My instrument X. 807 had programming for paging enabled.
Any suggestions. Thanks

alwayslearning

Brian, I tried to call you today. Thanks for the previous post wiring diagram on the Mod ICS.
I did reverse speaker polarity, even tried + 24 and -24. OUCH , my eardrums!
I think my problem is that I failed to install a Viking PA-2a.
Does the paging work without this? If not it seems I use Black/slate AND YELLOW BLUE PAIES?, BUT Which pairs do I use on PA 2A? I have a used one, no instructions.

alwayslearning

Fellow Tech Supporters:

Do I really need the VIKING PA-2A? or does the Valcomm 1030-c speaker provide it's own amplifier built in??

Thank you, and Happy Holidaze

alwayslearning

remove the leaded from the KSU and conx. your toner to the speaker leaded this will tell you if your speaker is working and let you set the volume on the speaker. The valcom 1030c work well with the system and unless you need the ringing you will not need the viking

I tried two different Valcomm 1030-s with two different power supplies. ??

alwayslearning

Move the black lead on the horn from the "GND" terminal to the "+" terminal on the VP-324.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back