Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding users via address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalabrigaboris

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2002
CA
I'm trying to add users on my Sharepoint services site with my address book but my computer always just hangs when I try it. Any suggestions?

I am running Sharepoint team services on a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP client with Office 2002.

When only some of the contacts from Outlook 2003 are being imported, look carefully at the various fields of the contacts that are not imported.
Perhaps there is no E-mail address or it is incorrectly formed.
Another possible reason is that the web address is incorrect - in one case this was htt|:// rather than http:// (etc.)
and so on.
There *is* a logical reason for the rejection, you'll find.

//Bart

I'm using Outlook XP (2002) and the contacts are never being imported. I'm told that Microsoft does not support Sharepoint team services with Office XP. Some features sometimes work (check in/check out/edit documents/adding users via address book). I'm not sure what makes some workstations work and some don't even though they have the exact same build. Re-registering owssupp.dll allows the edit and check in/check out feature to work but that didn't fix adding users in the address book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back