Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding users in AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

moabiker31

Programmer
Nov 6, 2004
US
We recently upgraded our domain from NT to w2k AD. We use citrix metaframe xp along with terminal server to share our applications.

In the NT domain, when I added a new user, the roaming user folder was created AND a tsprofiles folder was created. But when I add a new user in AD, only the roaming folder is created. I've gone into the user properties to add the path for the terminal services profile, but that isn't creating the folder on \\server\tsprofiles\%username%

Is it possible to have AD function in the same way by automatically creating the tsprofiles folder for the new user? Am I missing a script from the original NT pdc? Let me know if you need any more info before you can help.

Thank you,
Jeff.

I dont think by default it will create the folder. However once the user logs via citrix it will create the profile folder then.

Forgot to add you might want to add the following changes to GPO

Computer Configuration\administrative templates\system\logon

Enable delete cached copies of roaming profiles ( or else they will just build up)

Add administrators security group to roaming user profiles. (Or else if you need to delete the profile or get into it in anyway it becomes a hassle as by default only the user has rights to it)

Thanks for your reply. You're correct. The tsprofile was created after logon. I understand what I did wrong - dumb mistake! Thanks for the advice regarding deleting the cache of roaming profiles.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back