Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding up certain hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgraves8

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
US
The report that I have now is in a cross tab. On the top we have it broken down by week. On the side we have each day of the week. With in each day of the week I have hours. The data that is being displayed is number of calls that out Help Desk takes each day.

Right now it shows 24 hours, this is much more then we need. I would like to be able to display something to the effect of hours 1 through 4 = whatever then hours 5 through 8 = whatever2, etc...

Something like this would be alot better. Trying to look at this with 24 numbers going down the side is very difficult.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Tim

Depending on your Crystal version, it should be possible to do a crosstab on a detail-level formula field, one which lumps together hours. E.g.
Code:
if {hours} < 5 then "a 1-4" else 
if {hours} < 9 then "a 5-8" else

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thank you for your reply. I am using Crystal Version 11.

I did what you mentioned but it now shows "a 1-4" four times in the place of hour 0-4.

You should be using this formula as your crosstab row, and it sounds like you instead changed the way the crosstab row is displaying. I'm not sure what Madawc meant by adding "a" in there--you can have the string say whatever you wish.

-LB

I should have put "b 5-8". And later "d 13-16", so an alphabetic sort is in the right order

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thank you, Madawc you were right, about how to do it and lbass you were correct about where I was updating the report in correctly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back