Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding to Combo box list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyatom13

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have a combo box that is populated from from a table called tblCustomers. I would like for it to work like this: The user starts typing and the combo automatically goes to the customer as the name is typed in. Easy enough. However, if the customer is not in the list and the user enters it in the field, I would like the name to be recorded in tblCustomers so that it will be there next time. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the LimitToList property and the NotInList event procedure.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

You will find a number of post on this topic, if you use the Google search (above) with key word NotInList, for example:
ComboBox notinlist using AddNew
thread181-62967

Thanks for the quick responses! I searched but didn't know the command to search for (I read probably 100 post titles on combo boxes).

This forum is invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back