Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Single Line DN to ACD Hotdesk phone for ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSI17

Vendor
Mar 6, 2018
CA
Hi,
This is all running on latest MiVB, MiCollab MBG software. MiCC is I believe 9.3.3.
I'm having a strange issue that wanted to throw out there in case someone ran across this.
I have a call center using MiCC and MiCollab softphones for the ACD agents. Calls come inbound via SIP Trunks and hit MiCC IVR which then transfers the call to the reception ring group if they select it.
They have 1 ACD agent that they want to make part of a 'reception ring group'. This reception ring group rings through to some non-acd users, but they want to include this one ACD agent in there.
I added a single line DN (6250) to key 2 on the hotdesk phone (softphone) and added to the reception ring group. I can call the ACD agent's extension and also the 6250 single line DN independently and it rings through no problem. If I call the reception ring group, the ACD Agent softphone does not ring at all. I tried to call internally from another deskphne to the ring group and it doesnt ring either.

Now, I set this up on my in-house system running the same MiVB, MiCollab and MBG versions, with the same setup with ACD Agent in ring group - and it works ok.

Seems pretty basic setup but for the life of me I cannot get it to work at the customers site...
Anyone run in to this before or know what it could be?

are the COS the same on yours and theirs

NOTE having a non real user ( single line or multicall) within the ring group sill stop the MICC from being able to show accurate real time information for the ring group

dont think additonal keys are supported at all on ACD softphones
- should work ok if the agent is logged into a physical phone

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Just updating here as I got it working. I ended up putting a ticket in with Mitel.
Of course it was something easy...but anyway.
This ACD agent when logging in was set to Make Busy in ACD (via COS setting). Apparently if in Make Busy sate, this affects Ring Group calls too. I did not know that.
Setting the agent to 'available' made it work properly.
Not ideal in my situation as I didnt want them to get ACD calls, but nonetheless that is how it works.

I know of a way to circumvent the login restriction but it is not simple or easy.

I'm curious why you have an ACD agent that you do not want to receive ACD calls, that does not make sense.

yep i agree - seems strange
might be better for these agents to use group presence ( keys or via client)to make themselves absent in the skill group
that would stop the acd calls when the make busy is removed and still allow the multicall

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I've had to do the same before, and had the same issue where the user needed to be in Make Busy or otherwise unavailable for ACD calls yet still be able to take ring group calls. Had to give them a group presence key for the ACD group, so when they're absent but not in MB, they still get ring group calls but not ACD calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back