Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Services - Tapeware Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2000
US
aristotle.net
I was told by my Backup Software techs, Tapeware, that I could put my Zone Manager behind the my Checkpoint FW1 firewall by adding a TCP service using ports 58084 and 58085.<br>I built 2 services one for each port. Added the service to my hosts ruleset and then attempted to see my devices through the firewall. Failed. <br><br>Has anyone accomplished a similar feat? <p>Carl Shivers<br><a href=mailto:cshivers@aristotle.net>cshivers@aristotle.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Carl,<br><br>I'm not familiar with the services you are trying to utilize behind your firewall, but what you may want to do is look at the log and see what port rejected attempts to your tape devices are going through. You are most likely missing a port or two.<br><br>Good luck! <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Yahoo Messenger: coily2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back