Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Second CC and TMDI in a 1000E 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hi All,

I'm installing an additional CC and TMDI Card in a cabinet where I have a TMDI and CC. Can this scenario work? With everything I have read it seems like one clock per TMDI per Cabinet. Is it safe to say that there is no secondary reference when programming a CC? I have done the programming for my clocks, Route, trunks, and TMDI.

Both TMDI's enable and come up with no problem. The Primary clock also works with no issue. The secondary clock that I built(in the same cabinet) does not work.

Here is the config for DDB and SSCK 0

.ssck 4 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - LOCKED TO SLOT 1
PREF - 1
SREF - 2
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
.****
>
OVL000
>ld 73
DDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 97570483 USED U P: 5272618 809248 TOT: 103652349
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 845 KBYTES
REQ
TIM000 09:00 22/1/2014 CPU 0
prt
TYPE ddb

MGCLK 4 0 1
PREF 4 0 1
SREF 4 0 2 (This is the location of the NEW TMDI and CC)

TRSH 00
RALM 3
BIPC 2
LFAC 0
BIPV 3 2
SRTK 5 30
SRNT 15 3
LFAL 17 511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks!

Your scenario is valid. Have you tried enabling that clock controller on 4 0 2 ?

Yes, but I can't remember the error code. Once I have a chance I will try it again and let you know. Thanks for replying.

You don't really need a second Clock Controller card. Just define your secondary reference on the other loop and it will pull that clock signal across the backplane from the other span if the primary goes down.

Ok, so instead of building a Secondary Ref. on 4 0 I can do the following? This willa allow the CC to fail over the 16 0?

.ssck 16 0------NEW LOOP For the Second Card
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - LOCKED TO SLOT 1
PREF -
SREF - 2
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
.****
>
OVL000
>ld 73
DDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 97570483 USED U P: 5272618 809248 TOT: 103652349
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 845 KBYTES
REQ
TIM000 09:00 22/1/2014 CPU 0
prt
TYPE ddb

MGCLK 16 0 1
PREF
SREF 16 0 1 (This is the location of the NEW TMDI and CC)

TRSH 00
RALM 3
BIPC 2
LFAC 0
BIPV 3 2
SRTK 5 30
SRNT 15 3
LFAL 17 511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS

Not exactly, you have to have a clock controller defined for each Media Gateway that ha s T-1/PRI, the clock signals do not get passed between Media Gateways. However, you only need one clock card in each Media Gateway but you can have 2 references for that clock card.

Ok, so I can have two T-1's in the same cabinet, one with a CC on board and the other without. My Cabinet( Loop 4 0) has a TMDI in 4 0 1(w/CC) the other TMDI has NO CC and is in 4 0 2. Are you saying that my secondary reference can still be 4 0 2 without a clock? Thanks for your patience, trying to get my head around this stuff.

You are correct, the second T-1 does not have to have a clock controller card

So, it sounds like I lose clock card redundency(ex. 1000M). My concern was if the CC in 4 0 1 was to go down for some reason my secondary clock would kick in but it sounds like that is not the case, instead its more of a free run.

It's not a free run, you still tell the system it has a secondary reference. So if your loop with the clock controller goes down it will look across the backplane at the other T-1 and pick up the timing from it. Your card in 4 0 2 looks at the clock controller in 4 0 1 right now, so if loop 4 0 1 goes down it works reverse. Make sense or am I rambling? My wife always says " Get to the point, give me the short version

LOL, no your not rambling I appreciate your help. So, if I lose the clock on 4 0 1 and I need to get clocking for 4 0 2(w/o CC) where does the clocking come from? That is my last question i promise. :)

The C.O. will provide a clock reference on all the spans. If you lose the span on 4 0 1 then the clock card will look over to 4 0 2 to pick up that clocking. Now if your clock controller card goes bad then that's a different story, then all spans in that media gateway will go into free run until that clock card is repaired.

That was the answer I was looking for! :)

Thanks for all your help!

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back