Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding prefix ld 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roytwo

Technical User
Jun 17, 2008
US
I have a Nortel cs1000 that I am having a problem programming a local prefix. I'm in LD 90 doing both LOC and NXX. Entering the new prefix I receive the error ESN072 (NPA, NXX, specified already exists). To me this indecates that the prefix is programmed in our switch but we cannot reach the dialed local number. Any help will be appreciated.

You are going to have to print the prefix. It is probably not programmed correctly. Print it as an spn,nxx, or npa until you find it.

BTW, LOC is used for LOCATION codes (for udp dialing), not usually part of your public dial plan.

I have deleted the prefix on NXX. It had been showing that the prefix was programmed there but did not show on PRT. i have reprogrammed it and now shows on PRT. we still cannot call this number. This switch is a linux based version 4121 release 6.0. is programming done differently on this type switch than just a regular Nortel CS1000? Could this problem be with our service provider? i can dial thae number from our regular CS1000 at adifferent location and our service provider is the same.

are you pushing it to a relevant RLI? or is there any dmi involved????

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Thanks for the help guys. Problem solved, It was a service provider issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back