Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Pre-announcement to ACD Paths for Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I know of several ways to do this but I don't like any of them for numerous reasons.

I do not have any licensed ports for intelligent Queue
I do have access to RAD ports via EMEM

[ul]
[li]I don't like creating ACD Paths in front of ACD paths due to the way it clutters reports.[/li]
[li]I don't like having a Phantom ACD group as the primary group that overflows to the secondary main group as I've seen calls get stuck on the phantom group when no agents are available in the secondary[/li]
[li]I know I can have rads associated with Hunt Groups and Ring Groups but that needs an actual device to queue against to work.[/li]
[/ul]

All these just feel Kludgy. Why can't Mitel add a pre-announce function that doesn't cost $1000 per port.

To complicate things, all of this needs to integrate with Voicemail as dial out of queue and Night directly.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hey KWB you get 120 free ivr ports now with MiCC 8 and above ( shows as 240 but you can only have 120 per server)
cant use them for collected digits database dipping or callback but they are fine for scheduling and messaging

our recommendation is to not get carried away with their use as if you want to add a paid for ivr port then you need to charge them all to be converted
- this is another act of stupidity on mitels behalf , i cant see why they couldnt let you have free messaging and scheduling and a limited number of paid IVR ports
- its all laziness in the design and code writing area for this product

eg for a non licensed ivr we try and keep it down to 5 ports

then if they want to add callback , they only have to buy 5x IVR ports

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@Billz66

I've tried to find how to access those ports previously as I've heard this before but I've never been successful.

Do you have a Step by Step to turn them on on an unlicensed system. Worth a star for sure.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

run the setup as a repair and select IVR

it will be service affecting as the wizard will stop start the services

if the server is running version 8 the IVr should be visible

it may need the ARID to be flagged as version 8 in the AMC as well

its the same when adding multimedia , if the license has the rights , you run the wixard and select the slidebar to add Multimedia as a feature

then once its finished the extra iispools ,windows services should have been created and in YSE the extra tabs should be visible

another (mitel )poorly documented procedure

Also the amc record has to be updated correctly if coming from a pre 8 version.
The 120 ports came in 7 and licensing changes again for 8 and 9
You have to first update the installed version to 8 so the data conversion takes place. Then you can update to 9.0.1.0 if you are using the latest. - the licenses will not update otherwise
If the system is older than 5.8 then you have to contact amc to get it converted.
If the system does not have SWA for the upgrade then it may not be worth it to upgrade as the cost may be more than a new base license.

I can come up with a few other methods for pre amble but none of them are clean.
Using the IVR is best, but if the customer has 8 or newer MiCC the reporting can be easily managed with reporting groups.

The system was installed as release 8 and shows as such on the AMC

I had to resort to making a ACD path in front of every normal path for now as I needed to get it done.

I'll revisit this when we upgrade the MiCC

9.1 is due Dec 3rd and 9 in general is infinitely better than 8. In fact lets just pretend 8 doesn't exist and I can block out that portion of my life....

Thanks for the heads up.

My system is a relatively early load for release 8.0 and is serving its purpose quite well (with some flaws admittedly)

I got bogged down reading the release notes trying to find which load I could upgrade to with 1 hop.

I initially didn't want to go directly to 9.0 for the IVR fix but I'm now seriously considering it just on Spec.

The 9.0.2.0 release notes say a direct upgrade is allowed so that is what I'll be recommending (Maybe 9.1 depending on when it is released.

What voicemail are you running? If NuPoint, spin up a mailbox to front the message via Call Director / Call Flow. In that case, you can also set a scheduler in front to send calls to the mailbox during night.

Not nupoint and 25 paths so non-starter

We program these messages on the SIP trunk itself.
Before the SIP trunk sends the call to the Mitel it playes the message.
I don't know if your provider is capable of doing this.

Or we are using IVR for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back