Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Pool S/A Buttons to DLC with PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dromero

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
My new PRI is working fine with the main console (100) It has 4 SA buttons and incoming lines roll into them fine. I have 2 other DLC's also with 4 SA buttons. But the calls will not ring into them. I'm not sure why?

The main number is being sent as DNIS digits, something like DID digits. Either it matches the extension number of the main console, and thus is ringing there and not at the other two consoles; or it doesn't match anything in your system, so it defaults to your first console.

You may need to put a primary coverage button on the other two consoles to alert them of an imcoming call.

Thanks for the reply TT, I did experiment with a cover button, and while it did work, I was limited to only one button, I couldn't add a couple! The attendants are quite busy with two consoles so I'm trying to give them 4 buttons each to handle incoming calls. Any other thoughts?

thanks

Does the main number need to ring until answered live? If it does *not* need to back up to voice mail during normal business hours, you could put the operator extension in a cover group (not your voice mail group), and give the two back up operators 4 group cover buttons each. You can still use Night Service to route to voicemail outside of business hours.

Dineane Whitaker

Use the cover button scenario, BUT place a "Pickup (DLC Ext) Button" right next to the cover button for the DLC. Put several extra SA buttons on the phones, and when the DLC rings, that phone rings too, BUT to answer it, press a SA button FIRST then press the pickup button. It will work fine.

Pepperz@newper.net

I have setup the 2nd and 3rd consoles with group cover and pickup buttons, as you suggested. And picking up calls is working. However, if console 2 or 3 place a call in a park zone or hold. and another call comes in. The cover button will flash but not ring. I think this solution will work but it's kinda messy. Is it possible to strip and add digits to make all calls go to the 3 DLC's? DID number group(8200-8249) DLC ext#'s are 100, 101, 138.the telco is sending me 4 digits?

thanks again

Here's the mess: You hvae one set of digits coming into the Main DLC, its extensions matches those digits. The only way the other two are ringing is via the cover button. The cover button is also matching the digits coming in for the DLC. You can't make the same digits go to different extensions directly, and that's sort of what you seem to be wanting to do. As far as stripping and adding digits, it's an all or nothing sort of thing.
You may want to consider the use of a QCC with backup operators, but it has its own set of rules.
IF the operators are in the same vicinity, you could put in an analog device that would ring on an incoming call, and light a visible indicator, or ring a bell, then a "pickup bell" button on all the operator phones. This would work, but the cover button is neater.

Pepperz@newper.net

my cover buttons work fine on my test system, I have a test system on my bench to test programming changes before I apply them to my customer system. I added the dlc's to a new cover group (29) and group cover 29 buttons to the two dlc covers, but they will not ring! I can add a prim cover button and that works, But I can figure why group covers are no good.

thanks

That's not the way group cover works. You want to use a primary cover button for the main DLC on the other "receptionists' phones."

Pepperz@newper.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back