Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding PLDS licences to a non owned account

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3rm3y

Technical User
May 18, 2017
GB
hi, about 1 year ago i replaced an avaya with a new pbx system, i gave the sd card to a friend as he needed some licences and the one i had covered him.
He now needs to add some more but doesnt have access to my old plds, and i cant just buy licences from our partner and try to apply / regenerate the keys, as its likely to have issues or something :)

Would the best solution be for him to rehost the licence on a new sd card under his own plds account?
I assume he could also then use that original sd card on a new chassis (until needs to add more licences again :) )

I think you'd buy them for him.

PLDS has the entitlements mapped to your customer account.

I don't know much about IPO, more enterprise stuff, so I know PLDS fairly well. The entitlement would appear on your customer # when you buy it and you'd activate it to a HostID - the WebLM host ID tied to your SD card, generate the license and load it on your IPO.

The license file from PLDS contains everything on your IPO. It's not like ADI where you have a string for each time you buy features.
By adding whatever you bought, you'd generate a license with the same contents as before + the extra thing.

I know with enterprise systems if you're a couple releases behind you can't add new users. Not sure if IPO is the same.

I am pretty sure the only way to move licenses, when its one company to another company with different ownership, you have to provide paperwork showing that original company went out of business to Avaya. If you want to help your buddy out you can order the licenses for him. If not he would have to get a brand new SD card and pay for all licensing. Avaya absolutely does not want people selling SD cards with licensing to a different company they make nothing by allowing it.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back