Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding phone numbers for everyone to access 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

itech2004

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2004
US
How to accomplish a directory of phone numbers that everyone can dial from a short code:
For example on my difinity switch we had a access code #7 then 01 would dial a phone number 201.777.7777 or #7 then 02 would dial 201.888.8888
In IP office I know I can create a short code, but i was wondering if there was a better way. I would be entering at least 30 phone numbers and short codes. And this leads up to my next question is there a limit on short codes.

Why not just use the system directory? That way it will bring up the name on Incoming calls too :)

Untitled-1.png

Ok that would work but I find it time consuming to go thru the list

There is a Speed Dial shortcode feature in IP Office Release 8.0 just for you.

The directory is not time consuming.
Just type in the name, it will go faster and faster when you know how it works.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Indeed, it's quicker than searching a piece of paper for a name then finding the speed dial next to it then dialling the speed dial....unless you have memorised all the speed dials :)

Untitled-1.png

Use the System Ditectory like amriddle suggests or you do it the old way in system short codes.

example Code #710
Feature dial
Telephone Number 1234567
LG 0

#711, 712 etc.

Personall I like the system directory

I will try the system directory, I want to thank everyone for the posts

Andy, that stopped working a couple of versions ago.
Normally you could import a directory and add ,shortcode behond it but that stopped working.

BAZINGA!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Would I be able to use a short code to dial #s in the system directory, some how the reference the index

The index is there for the Nortel phones.
But from 8.0 and up you can use it for speed dialing:

Code:
· Speed Dialing 
On M-Series and T-Series phones, a Speed Dial button or dialing Feature 0 can be used to access personal directory entries with an index number.  

· Personal: Dial Feature 0 followed by * and the 2-digit index number in the range 01 to 99.  

· System: Dial Feature 0 followed by 3-digit index number in the range 001 to 999.  

· For IP Office Releasee 8.0, the Speed Dial short code feature can also be used to access a directory speed dial using its index number from any type of phone.

BAZINGA!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Here's something from the old IP Office 400 with 20 series handsets although I don't think that this was available elsewhere

SYSTEM
Allows the user to select from pre-configured system speed dials numbered 100 to 999. These are created as System Short Codes as per the example below:

Short Code: *SD100

Telephone Number: 01923123456

Line group ID: 0

Feature: Dial (or DialExt if internal)

this means that the user either has to remember the codes or have printed list though

Is there a limit to the amount of short codes you can add, I need to at least create 40

Is there a way for the end user/customer to administer the system directory?
Does it require software, button programming or key stokes?

Cheers

Normally you could import a directory and add ,shortcode behond it but that stopped working."

Do you mean have a speed dial, then a shortcode to dial the number, and have the speed dial name match when the call connects? If so, do you know when it broke and if it's fixed?

Got asked about this the other day.

ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Tom if you have both a directory & a speed dial the name should match when the call connects

What Andy & perter was referring to was the ability to import these from a CSV file in one go by specifying the short code digits as a 3rd parameter on the line.

This stopped working around V5 I think, but could easily be wrong.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru, it indeed stopped working.
I cannot recall when but i think it was 6.0
Too bad because it was a nice feature that saved a lot of time.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back