Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding outside lines to a new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb2

Technical User
Sep 28, 2009
US
My church asked me to add a phone to their Nortel system, so I got them an M7208 and ran the cable... hooked it to extension 42. It's in the default mode now. I can change the features, but don't know how to put the three lines on the set. I've dug around the internet for hours and can't find instructions. I have the coordinator's password, and the Basic password. I can add and change features, but not lines? Can someone walk me thru this? Or tell me where to look? (There are over 600 pages on this thread, so it's probably here somewhere???)

Which nortel system do they have?

When you get into programming do you see B.Admin, or Terminals&Sets?

One way or another, you will need the installer password. It is out there. If you get tired of looking, you could try calling the guys who put it in.

You'll need to program this using the Installer Password which you will find in the Installer's guide along with the steps for programming the lines to extensions.

Louie Roldan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back