Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding OL profile error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntinlin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
GB
Strange one this. New XC2003 org and server, W2K AD.

Added a mailbox to two existing users which then appears in GAL on server. Can open mailbox with OWA and send e-mail between them.
However if I try and create a new profile on OL2003 I get the message "The action could not be completed. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list."

I found a load about RUS not stamping mailboxes etc. in previous threads but it obviously is doing its job or I wouldn't be able to access via OWA or look the mailboxes up in the OWA gal?

Anyone got any ideas?

Neill

Addendum

Checked event log and I'm getting event code 9337

OALGen did not find any recipients in address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be generated.
- Default Offline Address List

Can't understand this since if I do System mgr, All GAL, properties of default GAL then preview I see mailboxes.

Neill

Hi, Did anyone ever get an answer for this?

Cheers

Andy Simpson [CNE4,5,6; MCSE4,2k,2k3,+I; CCEA XP, CCNA, CCDA, RHCE]

Yup, I eventually tracked down the problem myself.

GAL was not replicating properly to all the GC's. Had to do a force naming context sync with replmon to get it to work and also had to reboot some of the GC's.

Outlook was then able to see the user as actually being mail activated and could see GAL when Outlook started.

Took me AGES to track this down, even with help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back