Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding of 2nd LIM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlow66

Technical User
May 17, 2003
ZA
Hi,

Can we add the second LIM without shutdown the the first LIM.Becasue the call centre is running 24hrs a day.

My system is MD110 BC11 SP9.

Hi,

If you add a second LIM by means of initial loading it can be done without shutting down the system. A restart of the system is neccessary though and has impact on ongoing traffic. The addition of the new LIM should be performed during low-traffic.

With this method you will have to create an INL (Initial Load directory) on the system´s HDU. You must also have access to an appropriate LIM disposition table and of course know how to execute the addition and also feel absolutely confident that you can handle the situation if anything goes wrong. If not, let the experts do it.

It is also possible to make a systemdump in a lab system simulating your system including the new LIM. The result of this procedure will be a REL (Reload Directory) probably on a new HDU which will be used for reloading your system. This means a complete shutdown of the entire system during the reload.

I see now that you wrote "Adding of 2nd LIM" which means that your system is currently a 1 LIM system. If this is the case it is not possible to add a second LIM without initial loading of the entire system. Same applies if you go from a system without GS to a system with GS.

If you already have a system with GS it is possible to add a LIM according to my original description.

The variant with a lab system works in all cases.

First you don't need to initial load the whole system. Just type DUSII and this will make the needed INL on the HDU. Make sure PCM cables are correct connected between GJUL/GJUG cards and that the correct boards are in the second LIM. Then turn on the power of the second LIM and it will start to load the INL through the PCM line. Then when finished you must transmit the limdisposition file.
The whole prcedure is located in ALEX BTW.

BUT if you want to go from 1 LIM or 2 LIM system without group switch , to a 3 LIM system you definitely must make a new INL for the whole system.

If you go from a 1 LIM system to a 2 LIM system without Group Switch you do need to make an initial load of the entire system.

The reason is that the System Configuration changes. There are three different configurations:
- System with GS
- 1 LIM system without GS
- 2 LIM system without GS

The conclusion is as you can see that the only time you can add a LIM without an initial load of the entire system is when you already have a system with GS.

Sorry , I was mixing with the case when GS was installed.
Anyhow good to have it stated once 100 %.

Hi Duvel,

1. I am adding 2nd LIM without GS.so do i need to shutdown the LIM 1 before connect up LIM 2.? Y / N.

2. DO i need to have an new INL for 2nd LIM.

3. Do i need to do a new LIM disposition.

Thank You

As FICRI said , in your case you need to INL your whole system. Because you run a system without GS.

Hi,

1. You plan to go from a 1 LIM system without GS to a 2 LIM system without GS. When you do that the entire system must be initial loaded so the answer is yes, you have to shut down LIM1.

2. You need an HDU with an INL on it. This INL is generic and will be used for initial loading of both LIM1 and LIM2.
The HDU used must not contain a REL because if so the system will try to do a RELOAD and the initial loading sequence will not start.

3. Yes you need a LIM-disposition table for a 2 LIM system without GS. You also need a licence file for the 2 LIM system.

As I mentioned earlier, don´t try this unless you know what to do if something goes wrong.

Hi all!

By first, pardon my english....

I have to add a 2nd LIM too, but when I tryd DUSII, the system answerd: UNKNOWN COMMAND.

- What hapen?

I created a INL by myself, dumping the programs and data to ADD dir and than coping to a ../INL/P and ../INL/D dir`s.
The system started OK and a 2nd LIM was created. Extentions were created and the conversation could be stablished (with each extention in a different LIM).

*********** BUT !!!!!!!!!!
I cannot DUSYI!
My system answer:

<DUSYI;
SYSTEM DUMP INFORMATION

NO VALID RELOAD DIRECTORY EXISTS

RESULT OF PASSIVE COMMON FUNCTIONS UPDATE

SIGNAL TIMEOUT 22:58 07JUN03
FAILED IN LIM001 PRH

END

<LADAI;

RELOAD INFORMATION

NO VALID RELOAD DIRECTORY EXISTS

END

- Could anybody help-me????

thanks. //SMST (Manoel)

Hi,

Seems as if your filesystem is not OK. If you make a print and e-mail it to me I´ll have a look.
It´s quite a long print for a valid filesystem so better send it via e-mail rather than posting it here.

FISCP:IODEV=SYSDISK1;

FIDAP:pATH=/SYSN,OPT=ALL;

Please specify also the release of your system.

ficri@netlane.com

Hi FICRI

Ok I will send you, but because a lot of work, I cannot do it yet. Thanks by now.

//SMST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back