Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding non Ericsson Cordless Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canmaker

Technical User
Feb 5, 2007
GB
We have an Ericsson MD110 system with a number of Ericsson DT590 Cordless Handsets. We are told that we can connect any GAP compatable phone to the system (much cheaper then DT590's!) if we know its IPEI number. We have tried a BT cordless (Model No Diverse 6110), supposedly GAP compatible but keying *#06# does not give the handsets IPEI no. Has anyone suceeded with this?

Thanks

Hi,
For a DECT-handset to work in MD110 it has to support GAP/CAP.

Stefan

Yes, I understand that. The box for the phone says that it is GAP compatable, is that different from "supporting" GAP/CAP?

Do you still need help with this? It is possible to add the BT diverse phones, but as they don't provide the IPEI it takes quite a bit of messing about

Yes please, we would be very interested to know how to do this

Connect to this thread806-497350.
Maybe it's in your advantage

OK, here goes:
1. De-register the phone with its base station
2. In WinFIOL, start a signal trace on MD110 base station. To do this you need to find the LIM that it is connected to (x), and then type the commands:
• STUNI:UNIT=CTLP,LIM=x;
(This will print out the trace individual number (n))
• STTSI:TRI=n;
3. Attempt to register the phone (use any PIN, it doesn’t matter as this should fail)
4. Stop the signal trace, and print the results:
• STTSE:TRI=n;
• STRAP:TRI=n;
5. Find the GETDIRNUM entry in the printout and take the first line of values under 4,5,6,7,8,9. e.g. from the printout below need the data H'01 H'D8 H'00 H'0C H'73 H'D8

20.50.19.480 00009 SWSW SIGNAL GETDIRNUM (H'0041)
FROM CTLP (H'0173) EXE A IN LIM 001
TO CTLMP (H'0172) EXE A IN LIM 001
WITH 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
000 H'01 H'C7 H'2F H'01 H'01 H'D8 H'00 H'0C H'73 H'D8
010 H'02 H'02 H'01 H'FA H'02 H'01 H'85 H'88
20.50.19.480 00010 SWSW SIGNAL GETDIRNUMRES (H'0022)

6. The IPEI-n number is made up of the values 4-9 which needs to be converted to the 13 digit IPEI number. The info for doing that I think is in the thread linked to above. If not, let me know.

If you have problems, I've got a word file that I've writtent he instructions to which is more readable!! I can upload it somewhere and send you a link

Chris

Chris,
I see what you mean by "quite a bit of messing about" !! Many thanks, we'll try that when we get a chance.

Tony

Be aware that although GAP compatible phones can be registered, that doesn't mean that they work exactly like the phones Ericsson recommends.
Best you test first if all the features you want also work.

Hi,
Cordless phones that only is GAP compatible doesn't have support for external handover between one basestation on one ELU31 to a basestation on another ELU31.
In best case the GAP compatible handset can make a handover between 2 basestations on the same ELU31.
I have tried to subscribe a siemens gigaset micro 4010 GAP to the MD110 and the only thing that worked was basic calls on the base station that the handset was subscibed to. I tried to get the handset to make a handover to another basestation on the same ELU31 but it didn't work.
That's why you have to buy handsets that supports GAP/CAP.

If you wan't to try anyway and you have an old GAP Freeset you can retrieve the IPEI code by subscribing the handset and look for the IPEI-code in cordless system manager.
/ Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back