Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new voice user not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpm72

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
Hey Everyone,
I am trying to add new users to voice mail. I added them from the terminal but when I call their DN it just rings and rings and never forwards to voice mail. Voice mail is working fine otherwise, it's just when I add someone new. I have tried to DN's now and getting the same result, no answer. However, I can call the voice mail number and log into the boxes, change passwords etc.. Any thoughts on how to get the DN to properly forward to voice mail?

If they are analog sets, in LD 10 make sure you have CLS= FNA HTA At the HUNT prompt enter the main mail dn. In the FTR set CFW 4 xxxx (xxxx being the vmail dn)

LD 10
CHG
TYPE=500
ECHG=YES
ITEM=HUNT
HUNT XXXX
ITEM=CLS
CLS HTA FNA
FTR
FTR CFW 4 XXXX (set CLS to MWA to hear stutter dial tone for new message indication

If this set is digital make sure in that set CLs you are set as hta and fna
Set HUNT to vmail dn
Set FDN to vmail dn
Set CLS to MWA for message light

what ld do I use for that.. sorry I am a novice
:)

It's a digital phone funny thing is. I can give some people with 3903 phones voice mail and it works and others I give it just rings and rings when I give them voice mail. Is there some other restriction in affect here

Use LD 11 and assign the prompts provided by roupe

If this set is digital make sure in that set
CLS as hta and fna
Set HUNT to vmail dn
Set FDN to vmail dn
Set CLS to MWA for message light

Thanks Reusser, that worked for one of my digital phones but it didn't work for the one I really needed it to work for. One phone is a 3901 (not working) the other a 3903 which is now working. Anything else I need to look out for.

Thanks for all your help

What kind of voicemail are you using? For us, we use CallPilot and I do all MAC's on that separate PC. Maybe that's the problem?

Tommy

i am using meridian mail

for the 3901 - are the symptoms the same. Rings at the set forever?
In LD 20
Req: PRT
Type: DNB
Cust: 0
DN: (enter the dn number with the problem)
<cr> until dns display

Does this DN have more than one TN assignment?
Does the TN in question have MARP?

it has only 1 TN assignment. I am not sure what MARP is though? I am not sure what else to do at this point.

The easiest thing to do would print the existing phone, out the phone and copy from a phone you know that works

LD 20
REQ: PRT
TYPE: TNB
TN: (enter the TN of phone your having problems with)
<cr> until it prints (have printer on)

LD 11
REQ: OUT
TYPE: (enter the phone type - i.e. 2008, 2616, 3904)

LD 11
REQ: CPY 1
TYPE: (enter the phone type - i.e. 2008, 2616, 3904)
CFTN: (enter the TN of the phone you know works)
DN: (enter the DN of the phone you are having problems with)

Now print the phone again and make any KEY changes like second line, speed call, DIG unique to this phone - don't change any CLS items.

Here's a bump I ran into. I have a 3901 phone in our workroom here.. When I add a voice mail box to that one it does the same thing.. it rings and rings and voice mail doesn't pick up. Is it possible someone before me restricted this type of phone from having voice mail? Or is that even possible? If so what do I have to do to fix it

however when I copy a good 3903 and hook up a 3903 phone it works fine so the ld 11 cpy 1 works well.. I think there must be restrictions in order somewhere on the system. How do I change the restrictions on a particular dn or tn

The prompts are those mentioned before

Hunt = Voice mail DN
FDN or FTR FDN = Voice mail DN
CLS = hta, fna, and mwa

Thats it - no other tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back