Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new licenses for CallPilot 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahpxela

Technical User
Nov 2, 2007
US
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Nortel and CallPilot so please bare with the questions.

We're currently planning to purchase new licenses for our Call Pilot version 05.00.41, but not sure what the exact manufacturer's part # we should be looking for. Since we're not purchasing directly from Nortel and don't have any particular support contract in place, do we need to provide our vendors any particular information about our CallPilot system when requesting a quote?

Also, what are the steps to adding these new licenses once we receive the keycodes? Is it as simple as following the Configuration Wizard under Tools?

Thanks in advance for the help!

It's as simple as launching the Configuration Wizard from the Call Pilot Manger screen.

It is service effecting but shouldn't take longer than 15 - 20 minutes to complete.

Do you vendor a favor. Call them and let them know what you want to do and see what they come back with.

Unless you know, "I want 50 more voice licenses" or something like that would be the best thing for you. If you are going Unified Messaging and using fax capabilities you will need to make sure you have enough voice channels, yada, yada, yada.

Plus they'll do it for free (putting the configuration together, not the implementation).

YOU NEED TO GIVE THEM THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE CALL PILOT. LOG INTO CALL PILOT AND PRESS 44 AND GIVE THEM THE SN.

I was able to purchase key codes from DELL for unified messaging and fax. They requested specific information, they mailed me the codes, entered them and it worked. After that configured a few ports for FAX and setup all the DID, mailboxes, user training. A few hurdles jumped but not too difficult. Good luck
Adding the CTI, Call Control, and Web Access trial codes were no problems and works well.
I would like to find information about Call Center and IVR. Not to many people know much or even want to claim they know anything about IVR module on a BCM400. Still looking for a vendor that knows how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back