Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new 1-800 #

Status
Not open for further replies.

leopard96

MIS
Apr 18, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie at the Cisco Call manager configuration and I'm needing to bring up a new customer service line. AT&T is passing 6430 as our DNIS Digits and I'm looking to forward this to 6440 which is configured on four of our customer service people. I just need it to ring the 6440 extension for now. Can anyone guide me a bit and let me know if I just need a CTI route point of if I need a Translation Pattern? I just wanted to get some input before I spend a whole day hacking away at this.
We're using PRI's for our telecom system. Cisco Call Manager 3.3(3) with Unity 4.0

Thanks very much!

We have hundreds of forwards just like this one by using Translation patterns.
The only CTI route point on our whole system is the 7*XXXX for "Direct to Voicemail" calling. I expect you'll get round to configuring that one if you use Unity, like us.

Good luck with the TPs.

I should have added that if this is a Customer Service line, you'll likely have the problem that once one person in on the 6440 call, that extension is engaged. This is fixed in CM4.0 (you can have multiple calls on one line), but for CM3.3.3, you'll have to frig something. I assume you'll need to do this, since you mention that you'll be putting 6440 on 4 separate phones.

Here, we use sets of extensions from a non-dialliable range (say 8001, 8002 and 8003). These, we put on the phones in question (the ones you would put 6440 on). Then you set up a translation pattern for 6430 straight to 8001. Then set up 8001 to Call Forward Busy to 8002. Then set up 8002 to Call Forward Busy to 8003.

That way, you'll get up to three simultaneous calls when someone dials 6430. Otherwise, you'll only get one.

Essentially, you're creating a litte Hunt Group. When you put the 8001, 8002 and 8003 extensions on the agent's phones, you can give them names like "Customer Line 1", "Customer Line 2" and so on.

You can also actually use the CM "Hunt Group" funtionality, but I had problems with the reliability of the TCD server when trying this. Plus, if you need a hunt group to ring on multiple agents phones, it's a bit of a frig. Unless you need "Longest Idle" funtionality, it's best just to stick to the call forward plan I mentioned.

Honestly, it sucks. Roll on a nice UK-based, stable version of CM4.0 and I'll migrate to it in a shot.

Thanks for the info! Its not really a hunt group I'm after, just needing the line to ring and who ever is feeling talkative will get it. For some reason, Call manager isn't taking the call for me. When I dial the #, I just get the call cannot be completed as dialed.

They're sending the DNIS numbers 6430 and I'm using a translation pattern to catch it.

For the Translation pattern, I have: 6430
Everything else is default except Called Party Transform Mask. Do I put the extension I want to ring in here or something else?

I'm in new territory and still a little fuzzy on this stuff.

Thanks!

You don't need to do anything like that. Go on your router and type the followinng command

num-exp 6430 6440

Your are now done. Easy isn't it?

It is what it is!!

Mmm. Computerhighguy is assuming that you're using an IOS-based gateway for your E1. If you are, I'll leave you in his gentle hands (we don't use IOS voice gateways)

If you're using an MGCP-based gateway (like the WS-6006 8-port E1 gateway for a Catalyst 6000 series) then you've almost nailed it with the translation pattern.

You will need to define a partition and CSS if you're using them, but other than that - yep... all you define is the "pattern" itself (6430) and the "Called Party Transform Mask" (6440 - using your original example).

We do have an IOS gateway. Its a 3745 router. We have some other incoming 1-800 #s but they are mostly caught with Unity. I think there are a lot of dial-peer statements in use on our router now. Almost all of this type of work was done by some contractors that were only here for a short while before I came to work here. I may give the num-exp command a whirl and see if it gets me what I need.
Thanks!

based on the error message you get when dialing the number from the outside, it seems that you do have a dial peer problem. your dial peer config should look something like this.

dial-peer voice 10 voip
destination-pattern 64.. (number passed from telco)
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class codec 2 (codec defined for calls from this did)
session target ipv4:X.X.X.X (ip address of publisher or subscriber, you really should have one for each)
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

run debug isdn q931 on the router to see the inbound call assuming you have pri

if your config looks like this then just set up a trannslation pattern pointing to a directory number you want this number to ring at.

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the info. I had found in the config where the dial-peer statements were made and I added one just like the others but I changed the pattern and the ID I guess you would call it.
The 907 was the next one sequentially to the other statements. I also added one to our second call manager in case one goes down.

dial-peer voice 907 voip
tone ringback alert-no-PI
description Incoming incoming 4 digit calls
Service
preference 1
destination-pattern 6...
session target ipv4:Call Manager IP Address
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search