Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding music to a flash mx file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcsguy

Technical User
May 31, 2002
US
I am done with the project, and I need to add music. I want to put 2-3 songs to play while searching through the movie.
I want the music to stop playing when I jump back, and then play the song I have designated to play in that frame. I've tried to add music before. But, when i jump back a few frames the music doesn't stop, and then a whole new song starts playing with the one that was already going.

Please help.

Can you post a link to your site?...and try to be more specific on what you want to do...you have more sections and you want a song for each of them? Regards,
Dragos.

dragos.jpg

on press say stop all sounds, when it gets to the frame with sound it should play the new one. if the music is only on one frame the sound settings should be on "start"

Add a stopAllSounds(); action on your button scripts before you jump back anywhere. That will stop the current sound from playing, and then when going to a frame where there's another sound, the new sound should automatically start playing, without the previous one. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back