Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding multipule "On Hold" messges for different groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a Definity G3r V11. Right now I have a single on hold source. What do I need to make it muliple on hold messages for different groups or depts?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Music-on-Hold is a system resource. The only way to have different sources for different groups is with Tenant Partitioning. To see if your switch has the feature enabled do a 'display system customer-options'. They are sorted alphabetically. If you Definity has the feature enabled it's a matter of adding the additional music ports and system administration.

Kevin

If we enable and utilize multiple Spilt Partitioning will the exts in each partition still have 4 digit dialing between other partitions? What about the attendants will they have access to "0"? Will we have to make changes to the system attendants or system Call Centers? Are there any other ramifications to making this change?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Why do they need different music? Does one group like to rock out while others prefer easy listening? If you are referring to music heard holding in queue vs music heard when manually placed on hold, you can easily accomplish that by adding the analog music sources in the announcement screen and then "wait hearing 1234" instead of "wait hearing music".

-CL

On Hold" The thing is this same switch services different busineses. We would like to give each business thier own on hold source.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Tenant Partitioning is the way to go. It breaks the switch sortof into many little ones. You would have to ask experts more than me, but then each "tenant has their own operator and such, but there are some ways around it I think. I am installing Tenant Partitioning shortly for another complete reason. I will know more by October.

--still have 4 digit dialing between other partitions?

Yes, by default extensions can dial across partitions. If you do not want that you can lock them down any way you want. We use tenent partitioning for multiple music sources (among other things) and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back