Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding more options to pay pal addtocart forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

escellentguy

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
US
Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not -- please direct me and I will post there.

I am working on a fairly straight forward e-commerce site using pay pal. For most items, pay pal works great for our needs, however, pay pal button factory only allows 2 input options (drop down or text) for only 2 variables. In most cases this is fine however, I need to alter the code slightly to allow more input for example:

a shopper selects a bracelet and may select "size" and "color" (which pay pal will generate) but the shopper may also add a birthstone and a name (neither of which alter the price).

I have been working on modifying the code as I know this is possible. I found a site

which

discusses this and the examples work great but it is very difficult to follow from the standpoint of modifying the code.

Does anyone know of a different faq page that I could read to learn how to do this?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

I just add options to a product to the description field when the form is submitted. How you could do it depends on what code you are using.

javascript, PHP, ASP etc.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Chris,

Thank you. I re-read what I think is an excellent tutorial on forms on the bravenet website (the most consise I have been able to find) and I think the information from you and these two sites really helped.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back