Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding more IP addresses Cisco 1811

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputTech

Technical User
Feb 6, 2009
RS
Hi,

I'm very new to Cisco routers.

We have a router Cisco 1811, and the tunnel to connect VPN with the other side is configured through public IP address using subnet mask 30.
Now we asked for one more public IP address there to use for our purposes. They gave us, and asked to create a DMZ with our private IP addresses in that subnet.

Can anybody help how to do it.

Thank you for any help

so you have a /30 already and your isp gave you another /30?? is this new address used for inbound acces such as web mail, ftp, etc.?? please include as much information as possible

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

All I need is a public IP address to connect it directly to a PC, and go out without any restrictions. I don't understand why I need to do any DMZ.

You can statically NAT without any public IP addresses.

I have an Adtran L3 switch with a T1 interface that terminates at the smartjack. I have a block of public IP addresses. I only use one to connect a Cisco 3640 and I NAT from there, including a static for my FTP server.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Thank you very much for your replies.

They offered us a range of public IP without any DMZ,and we configured our router to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back