Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding more external lines To CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhandelwal

Programmer
Mar 14, 2016
US
We have a Nortel Norstar plus Compact ICS with the following numbers

1. on the Sticker - NNTM8456DV43
NT7B56FA - 93 03
2. On the External 4 line card - NT7B75GD - 93 Rev 01
3. On the Flash card - A0500011 2003/05/25
NT7B66CF Rel 01 0003
CICS - SP 6.1 FC

At the moment we have 4 external lines and 16 extension working on this system. We want to add 4 more external lines, preferably with caller ID and also add 8 more extensions.

After doing some research online, I found that we have to add the following expansion cards to this system.

1. Expansion card NT 7B75AAA - To add 4 more external line with Caller ID
2. Expansion card NTBB04GC - To add 8 port extension.

I will appreciate if experts on this forum can confirm it and also do we need any other software updates in order to do it. I can reprogram the system after inserting these cards based on the instructions in the manual.

Thanks for your help.

Ashok

You are good on software since you have 16 sets current

Power down, add both cards, power up and program.
All existing programming will still be in tact.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Great, thanks for the quick response.

One more question, by adding the new card for 4 co lines with caller id, will I also get caller id on the first 4 lines, or I have to male some more changes?

Thanks

Any recommendation as to which card I can buy to replace the NT7B75GD - 93 to get caller id on the first four lines.

Thanks,

Appreciate for the quick response and guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back