Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding modems in 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2005
US
I'm setting up a new install of 4.0. I already have Presentation Server installed and can connect to it using ICA or RDP. I have just installed a new 4 port RocketPort III. The card and modems all appear in Device manager as installed and working.

When I try to add a connection in Connection Configuration I do not have a choice of async in Transport. Probably because I can't select async there are not Install Modems or Configure Modems buttons.

Is there somewhere else I need to go to install async as a transport? or What am I missing that needs to be done to set up the modems?

Thanks again
Peter Hotchkiss

Ok I found my answer. From the Client Configuration Guide.

"Note Remote users can connect to servers running Windows Server 2003 over TCP/IP only. Terminal Services in Windows Server 2003 does not support remoteconnections over IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, and asynchronous transports."

Can anyone share their method of providing dial-up remote access on Windows 2003 server with PS 4.0?

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back