Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding LCR Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyPiner

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
GB
Can anyone offer assistance in adding an existing route into a dial plan as a Least cost route. I have set up the new route and it works with a temporary access code. However I need to be able to acces it by using 9 the normal External Destination code. When I make 9 a LCR code no other calls will route, only the least cost route.

I can help you with LCR, but I do not really understand your problem, check in your MD as follows:

lcldp:lim=all; (must be assigned)
nadap; (dest must be assigned as LC)
lcddp:entry=dnt1/dnt2;
lcddp:tab=fdt;
roddp:dest=all;

We have two routes, one a normal PSTN access route ROU=1, DEST=9 and a private circuit to another office, ROU=9, DEST=71. I want users who dial the PSTN number to be re-routed over the private circuit. I have set up LCDDI with the ENT table but when I set the LAC to 9 the LCR route works OK but I cannot make normal calls using 9.

Hi, you can do it and I can help you.
tell me you want re-routed all your calls to the PSTN over the private network or only some calls?
I need see that:

nadap:numtyp=ed&lc;
lcddp:tab=dnt1;
lcddp:tab=dnt2;
lcddp:tab=fdt;

ent is not the correct table. With ent you will not be rerouted. Only the dialled number is changed, but caller will be on the same route. Use tab=fdt first, and then dnt1 or dnt2, my suggestion:

lcddi:tab=fdt,frct=1,pre=71;
lcddi:tab=dnt1,entry=9xxxxxx,trc=y,frct=1(,pre=z);

x= part of public number
y= amount of digits to be truncated (here: 7)
z= maybe inserting new digits

If you have loaded lrp4, then lctdi must be used first

MB

DEMEBI2

Many thanks for your help. I will give it a try, it all makes perfect sense now !!!!
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back