Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding items to system menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattKnight

Programmer
May 10, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Quite a simple one...

I would like to be able to add items to the system menu (top LHS of form - restore, move size etc) in VB6. Obviously, I would like to handle events caused by user selection of the added items! How can I do it?

I would also like to minimize a form to the status area on the taskbar (Win NT /2K) Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

If you already know which menu items you want to add, I would create them, but make them invisible, programmatically making them visible as needed.

Hope this helps.

Ralph

Ralph,

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear... I want to add items to the control box menu i.e the one in the top LHS of the form which has the move restore, size options as generated by the form.

I do no even know if it can be done from VB6 (it can from VC)

This sort of thing can be done, but it requires use of the API. Here is a link that will show you how to replace the control box(system) menu with one of your own.

Hope it helps

Matt

Mat,

Thanks for the help [thumbsup], but no link [thumbsdown]

Please could you re-post the link

Thanks again

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back