Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Images To Forms 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy21m

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
I have been working on a db now for about 2 weeks and have everything flowing smoothly....until I came to adding .jpg or .bmp into the form. I'm not an access expert and I'm only going off of everything I've been reading in forums so if anyone could please help with some instructions it would be greatly appreciated. The way I have things set up are as follows:
1st Combo box shows "set":
Click on a certain "set" to reveal "name" in the next combo box:
Now what I want to happen when you click on the name is for the picture to come up when you click on a specific name.
If anyone could help you would save me from throwing my computer out the window for it feels like I have tried everything!

Hey you guys,

Ireland, hmmmm that would be nice right now. I lost time on my database to a world of problems on my end in life. I have not been able to try either one of your suggestions but will be able to soon. Thank you so much for both of your help and if I run into problems with any of it, I will definitely let you know. Thanks again.

I have a problem kinda along the same lines.
I have a report based on a query. The user enters a part number, and the report is simply a picture of the part (This is working grand now). However I now need to add and extra feature.

Some details first:
Pictures are stored in folder
c:\picswith a folder for each part. Within each folder is pictures of the part.
c:\pics\abc1\abc1.tif
c:\pics\abc1\abc2.tif

I need access to go into the folder (part no) entered by the user and pull back all the pictures there (up to 10), and place them on the report.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paddya

Since there are only upto 10 and hopefully the image names are similiar you can do it many ways, 1 come to mind real easy. Set up 10 pictures where on error it shows no picture available. Set each picture up to show a specific numbered picture. abc1.tif abc2.tif
abc3.tif abc4.tif
abc5.tif abc6.tif
No Pic No Pic
No Pic No Pic
I've never done much with reports so I'm not sure what you end up doing exactly. It is possible to count the number of files in a specific directory and that might be helpful in this area. You can make a string up for the file name You just have to look for a logical way of breaking up the information. If you give me 2 part numbers and a list of the file names I can show you a good choice for the string.

Thanks FacilitiesCAD

To sample parts are:

path: c:\pics\744552
folder contents: 744552.tif, 744552-1A.tif & 744552-2A.tif

path: c:\pics\744553
folder contents: 744553.tif, 744553-1.tif, 744553-1A.tif, 744553-2.tif & 744553-2A.tif

If I take you suggestion of a "No picture exists" image, I'll end up printing unneeded paper. If there are 3 pictures, I want 3 pages etc.

Thanks again,
paddya

Do you have a report that just prints one picture already? If so what code does it have? Since your file names don't follow a specific rule (they look like 2 or 3 rules envolved) and you want every picture in a given path I think you will use some case of FOR EACH file in PATH do something NEXT. It has been awhile since I played with this. You might want to start a fresh thread to get new intrest as it really is a different topic then the one this thread was started for.

I have tried following your instructions and have still managed to keep things from working. I created a table "lookupImage" with three fields; a key, "name" (text), and "imagePath". Next I created a form and place the two fields (name and imagePath) on via the listbox, so they should be linked to the table. Then I created an image and named it "myImage" and deleted the reference under Picture and placed the following under "On Current", "me![myImage].picture=me![imagePath]". When I go to view the form I receive and error stating "Microsoft Access can't find the macro 'me!myImage.' " If you have any idea what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back