Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding images to an Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydejones

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Hi All,
Getting into ASP programming. I have an image on an ASP page I am trying to add to an Access Database. The book I have has an example for Adding an image to a SQL Server BLOB field, but chose not to discuss how to do this for an Access Database. If anyone can point me to an example or is willing to help me with this challenge, I would appreciate it.

clyde

Honestly I would suggest storing just a path name in your database and storing the image server-side somewhere, actually storing the image data and than retrieving it from a database is a real pain.

-Tarwn ________________________________________________________________________________
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq333-2924

If you really want to store it in Access you use the OLE Object data type

Tarwn,
Thanks for your reply, but I am trying to add an image to an Access database not try to retrieve it (at least not at this time).

mww22,
Thanks for your reply also. I figured I need to make the field I'm gonna store the image in as an OLE Object data type. Right now, I'm looking for some example code as to how to do this with Access.

Thanks Again,
Clyde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back