Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding IIS Web Sites to sms_def.mof

Status
Not open for further replies.

mib147

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
Does anyone know which class I can add to sms_def.mof that will allow me to inventory all web sites that are running on each IIS server?

I am running SMS 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 servers in a AD environment.

Have you found this out yet....if not, i might no where to look, but it may take me a while. Let me know.

Neil J Cotton
UCLan Ba-SYS Development and Project Manager
NJC Technical Productions
Software Development | Network Consultancy | Wireless Network Provissions
Member of the IETF CAPWAP Work Group

I have kind of figured it out. I can inventory on the MicrosoftIISv2 class which has all the info I need but is only available for IIS 6.0 machines. The only issue I am running into now is I can only get the inventory on one web site. If the IIS server has multiple web sites it only inventories on the first one it finds. The really strange thing is if I look at the history for this class in resource explorer, it shows me the info for all the web sites.

1. What namespace is this MSISSv2 class in?
2. What OS is the ISS server running?
3. Does it only return the first instance from both servers?
4. Post the modification you have made...just the mod, and anything else you have changed.

My apologies. The namespace is root\MicrosoftIISv2 and the class is IIsWebServerSetting. The OS is Windows 2003 Server. I am currently only inventorying from one 2003 server. Here is my modification:

[ SMS_Report (TRUE),
SMS_Group_Name ("IIS"),
Namespace ("root\\\\MicrosoftIISv2"),
SMS_Class_ID ("MICROSOFT|IIS|1.0") ]

class IIsWebServerSetting : SMS_Class_Template

{
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN AccessExecute;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN AllowKeepAlive;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING AppFriendlyName;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN AuthAnonymous;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN AuthBasic;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING DefaultDoc;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING Description;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN EnableDefaultDoc;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN EnableDirBrowsing;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN LogExtFileServerIp;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN LogExtFileServerPort;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
BOOLEAN LogExtFileSiteName;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING LogFileDirectory;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING Name;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING ServerComment;
[SMS_Report (TRUE) ]
STRING ServerID;

};

i will have a look when I get back into work tomorrow....don't have Win2k3 on my Laptop. :)

Neil J Cotton

Sorry, been really busy this morning, not had chance to look into this. And I don't have ISS server running, so wouldn't be able to see any instance data.

Im guessing the class (well the property you are looking for) only produces one instance, with many data listed items for one instance.

As far as I am aware, without running some loop, SMS inventory will only return the value of instances.

So if you queriedd say recently logged on users...you would get like 5 instances with one value. Rather than one instance, with 5 values in it.

I'll see if I can get aorund to looking at hte class struture but without setting up an ISS Server, I wont get any instance data.

Try posting this question on myITforum.com

Neil J Cotton

The only strange thing about this Sencee is if I look at the history in resource explorer for the IIS entry, it shows all the web sites under the one instance. If I look at the current entry it only shows one web site. I will ask on myITForum.

v. strange. (I saw your post BTW). I'll jump on a 2k3 now and have a look at the WMI structure.

Any chance of taking a screenshot of the Res Explorer history, the Res Expl current and the WBEMTEST of CimStudio of your instance data from the class. Upload it somewhere, or email me. I have an idea.

Neil J Cotton

Did you get this sorted?

Neil J Cotton

I responded earlier but they removed my post because I posted my email address and I guess that is not allowed. So I have these screen shots and no way to get it to you.

I take it you are RWright762 on myITforum.com, i have pm'ed you on there iwth my email address

Neil J Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back