Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding extension without telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

knbink

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2010
Hi all

I need help if this is possible to be done.
I need to add extension to the system BCM 200, but i dont need to add a phone for it, because the user doesnt have a permanent location in the office at the moment.

So when people reach his extension, they should have 2 options, leave a message or forward to his cell phone.

Can this be done or not? If it can be, how?

Thanks in advance for the help,

you can add a mailbox ,with out a problem it would be considered a guest mailbox

with out having a phone set the only ways that people can get to it is either through the auto attendant , with the feature codes f980 and f986

the mailbox can be set up with off premise notification to let them know when a message is there
and outbound transfer for transfers to the cell phone

mike

Ok Thanks for the help.

How can i setup the mailbox with off premise notification to let them know when a message is there
and outbound transfer for transfers to the cell phone?

thanks

Create the mailbox as subcriber, verify the class of service you assign allows transfer and notification,allow mailbox to be able to use a line or pool then get into mailbox under admin and program times and numbers to be notified and transfer when pressing 7.

Ok thanks a lot for the help.

I will do that.

Just one more question if you guys know.
How can I share a mailbox between few users?
Like 1 mailbox per department.

But I want the users not to be able to delete the messages from it.

Thanks

You can light up the msg lights on a few phones but could not prevent the deletion of the message. You could e-mail message and avoid deletion if you have that option.

how can i light up the msg light on few phones?

in the mailbox programming there is a option for alternate dn's just put in the other dn's here

but remember a mailbox can have multiple dn's assigned to it
but a dn can only belong to one mailbox

mike

thanks all for the help

How can i configure from the mailbox to transfer to a specific number, and if no answer to get back to the voicemail? Is this possible or not?

And also how do I configure the notification?

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back