Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Extension to the Dialplan 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJRing444

Technical User
Sep 13, 2013
US
Good Day...

Our current 4 digit dialplan has the number nine(9) used as a FAC...and it is also what we use to dial out as well.

Dialed string - 9
Total Length - 1
Call Type - fax

I just researched our DID Inventory and we have some DID numbers that we can use (xxx-xxx-9700). How would I enter that into the dialplan so they can be used? Is this service affecting?

so add an entry for 4 total length = 6 call type extension, this would be the entry for an extension of 4 with a digit length of 6, also why the dash?

dialed string 4128xx
length 6
type , extn

I take it your first post was a typo and its a FAC and not a fax

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

or indeed simplify if required as the post above suggests ... im now questioning myself if wildcards can be entered into the analysis table but im pretty sure they can

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

They can, I once set up ARS in 5 minutes using wild cards as nothing was restricted except for 1900 call etc....

Yeah so its got to be fac to ars , and with the wild cards i hope he gets the point that either your suggestion will give him blanket routing based on stations starting with 4 or with my one he can tie it down as a more restrictive method of routing further down the line ........either way question answered solution provided and because we are such nice guys i reckon pink all round.... what do you say joe old lad?? :)

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back