Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Extension Module 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplotts

MIS
Jul 28, 2003
US
We currently have a Partner ACS R5 system with an 400 EC Module, 012E Module, and Messagaing Module. We want to add another 012E extension module. Besides putting it in the blank spot in the carrier, is there any other setup required?

Do I need to turn off power to the system to install the module? If so is there any specific way to do this?

Yes, you need to turn off the power. Then just install the card and turn back on.

If you are using a 5 card carrier, you can use the on/off switch on the top of the right side panel of the carrier. If you are using a 2 card carrier, simply unplug the power cord from the AC source.

Hi dplotts,
You should keep the messaging module to the furthest right (move it) when installing more cards. This will avoid a "hole" in your dial plan and keep the messaging unit on the outside where it will run cooler.
Do not fail to remove power from the system when doing this. While you are at it, make sure all the cards are fully seated and you will not have any problems. Of course you'll need to reassign the vm ports (#505, 7).
-Chris

I just received the module today and am going to install it within the next few days.

I looked at my current configuration and see this (from left to right)

current 012e
400ec
acs processor
messaging R1
empty

Should the new 012e go right after the processor, moving the messaging module to the right?

Yup, you will want to move the Messaging module into the last slot on the right

Also remember to reassign your voicemail ports as they will need to be changed once the new 012 is installed and the Messaging module is moved into the last slot. [wink]

What do you mean "reassign the voicemail ports"

I looked through the "PARTNER Messaging System Manager’s Quick Reference" and the "PARTNER Advanced Communications System Installation, Programming, and Use" PDFs and didn't see anything about voicemail ports.

Could you clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Woops, I just saw where it talked about ports.

I just installed the module and have a big problem now.

I added all the extensions using #505 7 in the system programming.

Whenever someone calls in on any of our lines the phones ring once and the auto attendant picks up and forwards to mailbox 10.

The phones should just ring.

Also only extension 10 can access voice mail by pressing the VM button (777).

What setting needs to be changed?

what voicemail ports did you have assigned in #505 group 7 and what are they now?

Also what license do you have? 2,4,or 6 port?

I have no idea what ports were assigned to #505 7 before... I didn't setup the phone system in the beginning, and forgot to check before I made the change. Looking at the messaging software there is an extension 76... I don't know what it is for.

We have a 4 port license.

I did just move the 400 module to the right.... So the order is old 012e, new 012e, processor, 400, vm.

If I go back in and assign the extensions to #505 7 when an incomming call rings all the extensions light up... so I removed all the extensions from #505 7 and power cycled the phone system.

The last statement should read... If I go back in and assign ANY EXTENSION to #505 7 when an incomming call rings all the LINES light up... so I removed all the extensions from #505 7 and power cycled the phone system so incoming calls ring correctly.

Your old voicemail ports should have been 36,37,38,39.
Your new voicemailports should be 48,49,50,51.

Make sure only the new ports are 1 assigned to #505 group 7

Every other extension in #505 group 7 should be 2 not assigned.

extension 76 is the modem for remote access.

My pleasure. #505 group 7 tells the phone system what extensions are used to access voice mail. The next one will be easier.
ACS = ext 10 thru 17
1st 012 = ext 18 thru 29
2nd 012 = ext 30 thru 41
400 = ext 42 thru 47 (eventhough there are no usable extension ports)
Partner Messaging = ext 48 thru 53 (4 port license would use the first 4 ports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back