Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding edited item.dbf back to Newdata folder can it be done in Aloha 12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eburks

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
US
Now working with Aloha 12.3.43

Back in my Aloha TS 6.7 days I could edit an item.dbf file in excel then save it in the dbase 4 format
Place the file back in the newdata folder and do a refresh and the data would import correctly into aloha

Is this still possible in newer versions, The file still opens in excel just fine. I don't want to experiment on a live system and am looking for some input before I dive in

If this procedure won't work is their a procedure that will work

I know some of the more sensitive files are now encrypted but many of the files like item.dbf are still flat database files

Also, although the find feature in menu management makes things much easier, has anyone found any free or paid application to help simplify making menus in Aloha

Unfortunately no. CFC and NAM keep their data in SQL these days. When an export occurs, they pull the data from SQL, generate dbf files, and away it goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back