Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding dotted lines into a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

junedonofrio

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
i have a table in quark, has about 6 columns, many rows & i want to put dots at the end of each text in each cell, to fill the cell (automatically), i tried to do this last year but i think was only able to get it to work on one column.
any help would be great !
June

When you say "table" are you referring to a tabbed text table, as in Quark 3,4, 5 and 6, or a collection of text boxes, in the new Table item (Quark 5 and 6)?

If the former, you have to adjust your tab columns so that the fill characters are ". " (period and space) which will automatically fill out the gaps between columns with leaders. The last column will need probably an "option-tab" (at least that's what it is on the Mac) to fill out the rest of the line.

If it's the Box-type tables, perhaps you could define tabs within each column, and use the fill character setting to supply the leaders. I haven't found the box-tables as useful for my clients, so I don't have a whole lot of suggestions on this, sorry.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back