Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding DID numbers to a SIP trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidmine

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
US
I have Aura SMGR ver 8.1 a SM and SBC.
Our carrier is going to port over a few POTs lines to our existing SIP trunk.
The SIP trunk currently has DID's on it.
How can I add the new numbers?
Is it as easy as going to the SMGR -> Elements-> Routing->Adaptations->Adaptions and add the new number to my CM adaption?

Yes it is.
Once you create the adaptation, you can point to a VDN or extension.
Similar to the UDP you can strip and insert digits as needed to match your programming

Thanks tacosoup1. Seems like there should be more to it. I'll set it up and see how the cut over goes.
Thanks for the help

It could be easy or a nightmare.

Since you have existing SIP trunks you should already have all the core programming complete. Basically you would add the Dial Pattern(s) for the number(s) in System Manager and point them at the CM entity. Depending on how the entire system is programmed you may not have to do anything to have them head towards the CM. The numbers delivered from the SIP carrier are normally full DID values so if you need to convert to an extension I suggest doing so in the adaptation module going to CM. I personally like to keep the SIP core at full E.164 so there is never a question of what the number actually is. Since you already have something in place it should be relatively easy to follow.
Now the big question. Are you trying to port FAX/Modem lines. If so you may be in for a big surprise. Modem will almost definitely fail and FAX requires some additional knowledge of your software, hardware, and carrier capabilities to support T.38 with G.711 fallback and Error Correction Mode (ECM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back