Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding data to the statusbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnStep

Programmer
Apr 19, 2000
US
<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I am having a time displaying a variable in the status bar. I would like to display a var to the first panel of the bar. What is the best method to do this???<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;John Stephens

<br>Dim myString as String<br><br>myString = &quot;Hello&quot;<br>StatusBar1.Panels(1) = myString<br>

Thanks for the info I will try.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;John Stephens

I tried this. However, I receive an error that variable is not defined. &quot;StatusBar1&quot; is highlighted. Does this have to be defined or is there a reference that must be selected. Thank you,
Myk

In form view click on your status bar and look at the name property in the properties window. Whatever is there replace in your code StatusBar1 with that value.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. As soon as I sent the reply, I figured that there was a control that needed to be referenced -- I added the status bar control. What I am looking to do is affect the Access Window status bar vice the form status bar. Can the form status bar be set as the Access status bar? Essentially, I would like to put data in Access' status bar. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back