Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding consoleone snapins

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulovey

Technical User
Jul 13, 2000
GB
Hi,

Sorry for the basic question, but my boss has just asked me to build a novell 6.5 server running groupwise 6.5. The last time I used novell, 4.2 was the latest version!!!

Anyway the server is up and running as is groupwise. I now need to add users and create mailboxes. I think I do this
through ConsoleOne.

I am running console one from a local Win98 machine running the latest novell client.

But I cant see how I can add the groupwise snapins, I have installed something called nici 2.0.2.. But thats not helped.

Any help would be most welcome.

TIA.

Paul

If aint broken, dont try n fix it!!!!!

ok firstly - i really wouldnt use 98 but i should work ok

go to the groupwise software distribution directory
run the install - (be careful) - now i can remember exacts as i'm not at a pc with this - install products - install admin tools - remove the tick at top and only select admin snapins
i will add these to your c1 directory and away you go

only strange thing from what you say is - how did you create groupwise if snapins werent there - the install will drag up console1 as a default when creating new system

During your install of GroupWise, in a screen called Administration Options, there is a check box for "Install Administration Files". After that you will get a screen for installing ConsoleOne and the directory that it will be installed in. If you installed in on the server, you can copy it over your local copy. Otherwise you can install just ConsoleOne fro your GroupWise installation disk.

I hope that helps.

Cheer,
Mark ;-)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. After a lot of playing around.

It all works now!

Cheers,

Paul

If aint broken, dont try n fix it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back