Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding company logo to OWA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deintinis

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2001
US
I tried to customize OWA to show our company logo instead of the MS OWA logo. I loaded my logo and renamed it to logo-ie5.gif. When I viewed OWA on my server going to //server/exchange the logo showed up fine. When I went outside of the network and tried to acccess through mail.domain.com/exchange it showed up with the default MS OWA logo.
Is their something else that has to be done to view the logo when accessing OWA from an external computer?

I have read that article before and realize that OWA 2000 is not very friendly for customizations, but if I am able to add the logo and see it apply internally, isn't it just a setting or something that would allow me to view it externally?

I am not looking to customize a login or logoff page, just the logo in the upper left hand corner of OWA. I should note that I am able to apply the logo change to OWA's logoff page and see it internally and externally. Why would I still see the default OWA externally? Is it possible the old logo is in my cache and it is picking that up instead of the new one?

The cache (or a proxy) may be a reason.
Clear it, or test from another PC or account.

Marc [santa2]
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Don't forget to shop @ for Christmas!

Marcs41,

Can you help me how to change the size of my custom logo (like your article says)... in the logon.asp file?? I'm not sure where to change... and how!

MANY THANKS!
Brandon

What I did was find the default Outlook logo in Windows Explorer. I than opened that up with a graphics program to see what the size was. I than saved my company logo to the same size as the default outlook logo and renamed it to the default outlook logo. It took a little time to refresh, but it eventually took the new logo.

bran2235, see the article:
The logon_logo.gif file in program files\exchsrvr\exchweb\img\ is the Microsoft logo.
You can replace this file with your own logo (be sure to update the height and width measurements in the logo's tag in logon.asp).

So, you either change YOUR logo to match the size, or you change the code in the logon.asp file to match it to YOUR logo

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Have a look at the shop @ !

Yep- Got it... Thanks everyone. As it turns out, I had to change two places in my logon.asp file (size)- not just one. As soon as I did, I cleared my Temp Files and it appeared!

Thanks again,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back