Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding checkbox to order entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbieber

MIS
Aug 14, 2000
US
Is there any way to add a checkbox to the order entry line item screen (oe111). The option is grayed-out in designer and I seem to remember reading that the order entry screen is maxed out as far as adding fields. Thanks.

Can you elaborate? You can add 5 user defined fields to the header & 5 to the line item screen. There are also 2 push buttons, one for each. But I don't recall seeing a check box option on either.

That's my question. I need check boxes on the line item screen. The udf's and push buttons could work, but it would be much simpler and intuitive to the user if I could use a check box or other control which is a simple toggle on/off. I know I can't add this from the Macola screen options - is there a way to do this from VBA? Thanks.

You can add your own checkbox......you would have to use Flex though to populate the User_def_fld_X with the data.

In design mode just right click on the screen and Add Special.......that will get you a checkbox.

But I think an easier way would probably be to unhide a user_def_fld_X.....and then give it some values to make it a combo box. The user then could use this for the toggle.

The firsy way would be the more professional of the two....but then again flex sucks so you may have better luck with the second.

:)

I agree that the checkbox is more professional and that is my first choice. Problem is on the order entry screen in design mode, right-clicking only allows the addition of a push button, all other choices, including check box and radio button, are grayed out. What I was hoping for is a method to add a check box/radio button to the order entry screen using only Flex.

If it can't be done, then I will use the push button or combo box solution. I'm still a novice with Flex/VBA, so these answers are not yet obvious to me. Thanks again for the help.

good call.....I never noticed that in OE. :)

Looks like the combo is the way to go.

But this is a good option too...less errors.....less macola flex mess ups too.

You can also turn any Macola Screenset User Defined Field Text Box in to a Check Box by Right-Clicking on the Text Box in Designer and selecting "Properties...". From within the controls properties select "Question" from the available "Mask" drop down. Click on OK and you have yourself a Check Box. After performing the aforementioned procedure you will also want to select your default value by right-clicking on the control in Designer and selecting "Default...". The resulting Check Box will write a 'Y' if checked and a 'N' if unchecked to the corresponding User Defined Field.

Now all of this is just fine and dandy for the OE header, but you cannot add a Line Item User Defined Field directly to the Order Entry Screenset. You will need to use one of the other solutions mentioned previously in this thread for your specific problem.

If you decide that you need to use the push button option I have developed a DLL that you can use from within Flexibility that will automatically push any button on a Macola Screenset for the user. With this you could force the Line Item User Defined Fields Popup to be be shown without 1 forcing the user to click the button and 2 slowing down the order entry process. I would be happy to share this DLL with you, or anyone else. If you would like a copy please contact me at scott@nexosystems .com (Remove the space to send email).

Scott Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back