Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Announcements on a TN750C

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonechic

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
I need to add 5 announcements to my switch to temporarily replace 5 existing announcements. I would like to save the orginals, rather than rerecord them later. They are all going on the same TN750C card. The accouncements that are currently there were set up when AVAYA set up the system. On the ch ann screen, I have added 5 new announcement extensions, programmed exactly like the current messages. My system is set up with *17 as the announcement access code. I have given my phone console permissions. I can dial *17 (dial tone) 5010 (new announcement extension) then 1 to record. My line disconnects after a couple of seconds. I have also tried 3 to delete. Same result. This is the procedure I found off of the Definity Library Rls 9 CD. When I try to dial 5010 to see if it recorded the first couple of seconds, I get a slow busy. When I disp integ, it tells me I have 177 seconds remaining. What am I doing wrong?

Try:

Dial *17 then the extension number of the announcement then you should hear a studder dialtone at that point it's 1 to record 2 to play 3 to delete.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Ken Hurd
Shoreline Communications, LLC

one more thing, make sure the announcements are set up correctly, make sure you copy all the fields in the previous announcements except for the extension number and name.

..and check whether they are protected in the ch ann screen..

Hi,

Also ckeck the version of the TN 750C, because there is a qppcn.

Thanks
s.s SXS

Are you leaving the announcement for around 30 seconds after recording? It takes this long for it to be playable. Also set the Queue field to yes and it should wait for the announcement to become available. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Do - DISPLAY INTEGRATED - command to see if you have time left on your announcement board.

If you do

Do - CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT - and add the new announcement extension to that screen.

After this you can use your *17 XXXX 1 to record the new meaasges.

I have 177 seconds at 32Kbps left on the card.
Pro is set to N
Q was set to no, I changed it to yes. Now I can dial the announcement extension, but it just rings. Previously, when I dialed the new announcement x5010 I got a fast busy. I still get disconnected after about 5 seconds when I try to record the message by dialing *17 (my announcement access code) 5010 (my new announcement extension) then 1 to record.

My original announcements have Q set to No, but I can still dial them.

I made a mistake above. Previously when I dialed the new announcement extension I got a slow busy, not a fast busy.

I still have not figured this out. Here is more info if anyone can help. In trying to get the messages in place, I decided to record over the current message. I can not access the current messages using the feature access code (*17). I can dial the announcement extension and listen to the recorded announcement. If I hang up and I dial *17 - I get dial tone - I dial the announcement ext. 5001 - I get the studder tone - I press 2 to listen to the message. I get dead air, and the system disconnects me within 5 seconds. Above sxs asked for the version of the card. In the switch it says its a TN750C vintage 13. When I look at the physical card, it states the same info. These messages were set up by Avaya when we purchaced the switch. Is there another way to access and record the announcements. In our Nortel systems we can set up RANs in several different ways. Are there other options to access announcements in AVAYA?

1006B: DEFINITY ECS, TN750C, V13 Announcement Cicuit Pack Update, Class H3 Hardware

Release Date: September 06, 2001

Supplement 2 Release Date: November 07, 2001
Expiration Date: September 30, 2003

CHANGE NOTICE: 1006B
PRODUCT SUMMARY: DEFINITY. ECS
U.S. AND NON-U.S.
CLASS H3 CHANGE (Hardware)
TECHNICIAN INSTALLED
NON-SERVICE INTERRUPTING
TN750C, v13 Announcement Circuit Pack Update
The purpose of this Supplement is to authorize non-U.S. implementation for Change Notice 1006B.
Non-U.S. customers or their Avaya representatives can begin ordering this TN750C, vintage 13 update

NOTE: U.S. accounts can begin requesting this Change Notice immediately. Non-U.S. availability will be subject to the completion of Material Pricing for the specific country requesting this Change Notice. The Regional CoEs will be informed when this Change Notice is available for non-U.S. implementation.

The purpose of this Change Notice is to replace certain TN750C, vintage 12, and earlier Announcement Circuit Packs with TN750C, vintage 13, or later circuit packs.

This Change Notice is being issued to replace TN750C, vintage 12 and earlier circuit packs in Factory Stores, MSL stocks and European Distribution Center (EDC) stocks with TN750C, vintage 13 or later circuit packs.

This Change Notice will be applied to DEFINITY. ECS Customers that contain TN750C, vintage 12 or earlier circuit packs and are experiencing problems identified in the Reason For Change section that have been verified by Tier III or the CoE.

TN750C, vintage 13, corrects TN750C, vintage 12, and earlier circuit packs that experience loss of announcements, garbled or corrupted announcements or loss of announcement capacity.

Note: TN750 or TN750B circuit packs do not require replacement per this Change Notice.

APPLICATION
This Change Notice is being issued to replace TN750C, vintage 12, and earlier circuit packs in Factory Stores, MSL stocks and European Distribution Center (EDC) stocks with TN750C, vintage 13 or later circuit packs.

This Change Notice will also be reactively applied to DEFINITY. ECS systems that contain TN750C, vintage 12, and earlier circuit packs and are experiencing problems identified in the Reason For Change section. Tier III or CoE verification is required.

U.S. Field Service Organization (FSO) technicians will implement this Change Notice for Avaya U.S. Direct Customers. Scheduling and coordination will be handled by the Technical Service Organization (TSO) and the FSO Change Notice Administration Groups.

Avaya BusinessPartners who elect to perform the work to implement this Change Notice will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating their customer base. Those who elect to have Avaya perform the work will schedule and coordinate through the Distribution Development Management (DDM) and the TSO Administration groups.

Non-U.S. Coordination and scheduling of customers will be handled through the Regional Direct Channel Workgroups and the International Dealers/Distributors in conjunction with the International Technical Assistance Center/Global Support Organization (ITAC/GSO) Change Notice Administration Group and Center of Excellence (CoE) Change Notice Coordinators.

REASON FOR CHANGE
TN750C, vintage 13, corrects TN750C, vintage 12 and earlier circuit packs that experience loss of announcements, garbled or corrupted announcements or loss of announcement capacity.

COORDINATION
Coordination with other Change Notices is not required.

Refer administrative questions pertaining to this Change Notice to the Change Notice Coordinator at the appropriate location:

LOCATION MAIN NUMBER
AVAYA USA/Canada National Customer Care Center (TSC)
AVAYA USA/Canada Technical Service Organization (TSO) 1-800 422-6560 prompt 4
1-800 628-2888
AVAYA Hungary Center of Exellence (COE) 361-345-4334
AVAYA Caribbean & Latin America Center of Excellence (COE) 1-720-444-9998
AVAYA United Kingdom Center of Excellence (COE) 44-1252-774889
AVAYA Asia/Pacific Center of Excellence (COE) 65-872-8686
AVAYA International Technical Assistance Center (ITAC) Global Service Organization (GSO) 01-720-444-9014

Check your release on the pack, if it is v12 or earlier this may be your problem and Avaya should replace it (I believe) at no cost.

In trying to get the messages in place, I decided to record over the current message.

I know from experience that if you don't delete first you can corrupt the board. Maybe someone corrupted this before you tried and this is what's stopping you ?
This can stop any new recordings and can cause other issues.
Check the board to see if there's a red light on or check alarms.

lever.

I would save the announcements to removable media and then erase announcements and then restore them back again. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Have you made sure that your phone has console permissions enabled. If not change COS.

Without console permissions you cannot record listen or delete using the feature access code.

Thanks for everybodys help. I finally got the announcenents to respont to the record, play back and delete commands after removing the media. Before removing the media, I did a "save ann f 1B08" I removed the card, and replaced the card. I was able to access the announcements without restoring them. All the announcements contained the the full orginal recordings, so I did not delete and restore the announcements. The command would have been restore announ t 1b8. For anyone else who may need it.

My board is Vintage 9. I have had some issues in the past with garbled announcements, but I just deleted it and then recorded it and it seems to be fine now.

I have occasionally been unable to modify the messages during the day, but I was assuming they were in use when I tried to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back