Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding and copying phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlezzz

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
I am trying to add a phone (2008) in opt11c

I did through ld 20 and going through prompts
getting stuck on VMB and VMB_COS What do i Put in for that?
we use call pilot.I tried putting in the 3digit extension and no luck.

also when copying a phone, it is prompting for POS, what do I enter there?

thanks

NEVER copy an acd set... you are going to end up with an opt 11 that will not even boot, let alone make calls..teh prompts you asked about using the new commands require the enter key.. most places in a nortel, if your not sure try an enter, then if you can't get past the command, look the entry up..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Correction on above post, I meant to say changing from 2008 and 3904. Not an acd phone.
I entered through the prompts vmb and vmb_cos but now when I dial the number, it just rings and does not go to vm. Not sure where I missed when setting up phone.
I stopped on the copying of the other phone and canceled out. thanks

you missed a couple of easy one's..check the cls fo a set that works, fna hta.. then note the fnd hunt target, that's sending the phone to mail hta and hunt work on a busy station. fna and fdn control forward no answer.. the prompts you skipped allow you to build a mail box IF you have that link built. very few prople use it. you will need to add a mail box, try ax at the > (command prompt)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

VMB and VMB_cos are for the old meridian mail. They will not work on the call pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back