Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an ODBC DSN for Pervasive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I am trying to add an ODBC System Data Source in control panel, but I do not see the Pervasive Engine Interface as an option. All I see in Pervasive Client Interface.

Why is this and how do I correct this?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Did you install a Workgroup or Server engine? The Pervasive Engine interface is only available on the machine where an engine is installed. WHere's the data you're trying to access? If it's remote and you've got an engine (Server only with 2000i, Workgroup or Server with V8), you'll need to use the Client Interface at the client and the Engine interface at the engine machine.
If you've got local data, you'll need a workgroup engine installed.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

If you're using a server engine and your adding the DSN from a client you will not see the engine interface.

If your adding a new DSN the engine interface wizard will occur after the initial cleint interface set-up.

Regards,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back