Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an image to message

Status
Not open for further replies.

robroy6

Technical User
Aug 20, 2006
US
How does one include an image in a message?

I think this is a question for whichever application you are using to send the message.

MSN messnger? AOl? Yahoo? Email message?

All of these have buttons to attatch images and/or files.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I am sorry I was not clear. I am referring to a message in this forum as a thread or response to a thread message.

ohh in that case:

TGML said:
Images
Use the tag to show images from any web server. Be sure to use the entire url to the image you want to use including the "[URL unfurl="true"]http://"[/URL]
Note: images larger than 400 pixels wide can cause your thread's page to distort. Please try to keep images posted under this size.
Example:
[ignore]
[img]http://www.server.com/location/of/image.gif
[/ignore]

For more info on using TGML in Posts click the Process TGML link below the reply box.

Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thanks, I guess there is no restriction on overall file size only width. Is there any image type that is not desired? (tiff, pspimage, raw, etc)

Web Browser Supported images are usually restricted to JPG,GIF, and PNG. all others besides being very large by nature, are not supported and will not load.

You would not want to have an image that is more than a few hundred KBs to be loading in a browser. as it would take very very long unless you have a really fast internet connection.

Most of the other image formats are very large in size, and are not really meant to be used on the web, be it a website or a message in a board.

pspimages being a proprietary image format from PSP will certainly not load in a browser.

Stick with either of the 3 I mentioned. JPG,GIF or PNG.

Hey along the same subject, how are you using the quote box? I dont see an option for including a quote

You place "<quote>" at the beginning of the text and "</quote>" at the end. Without the " character.

Sorry it's brackets "[" and "]" not "<" and ">".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back